Billboard Ad Spot

Show Off Your Forest Photo Contest

    Show Off Your Forest Photo Contest | Graphic Competitions
     Category:  Photography
     Deadline:  September 20, 2013 - expired! June 27, 2013
     View/print as PDF:  A4 size - A5 size
     Visit Website:  [link]

    Promoted by Forest Europe at a pan-European level, all individuals over the age of 18 are welcome to submit their entries to the first edition of Show Off Your Forest contest.

    There are three categories:

    • Economic - this category takes in photographs that illustrate the manner in which forests generate economic resources for man in general and rural society in particular. Such issues cover a number of areas, from reforestation initiatives to the generation of energy via biomass. Of course, you can also send us photographs that capture other activities entailing human interaction with forests, such as mushroom picking, cork collection or the gathering of products for pharmaceutical use, amongst others.

    • Socio-cultural - Forests are a source of enjoyment and entertainment for the human race. In addition to cultural contributions, forests afford considerable value on a spiritual level. Within this category, you can send us photographs of people engaged in sporting activities, looking for artistic inspiration or sharing a day out with family and friends.

    • Environmental - The environmental aspects of forests includes the conservation of species, the protection of soils and waters, carbon sinks… You can send us photographs that reflect the biological richness of European forests and their contribution to the protection of the environment.

    You can upload a maximum of two photographs per category. The photographs must be sent in JPEG or JPG format, at least 1024px along their largest side and can not occupy more than 5MB. Work that has been awarded prizes in other contests or festivals will not be accepted.

    Jury: The public vote will account for 30% of the final points awarded to each photo. The remaining 70% of the points will be awarded by the professional jury that will advise Forest Europe within the contest.

    There is no entry fee.


    The contest is open to all individuals over the age of 18. All photographs must show woods and forest regions within Europe, in one of the countries that are signatories of the Forest Europe agreements.


    • First Prize: in the first edition of Show Off Your Forest we will like to reward the winners of each category with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

    • Second Prize: for the finalists there will be an HD water sport camera.

    • Awards: we also want to reward the work of other artists with great prizes. Bikes, tech products… and a lot of surprises that we will discover on the web during the contest.

    Moreover, all individuals who register on the contest's website will take part in a prize draw involving photographic and video products. The prize draw will take place on the 25th of October 2013 and the results will be published on the following day on the website and via the official social networks of Forest Europe.

    Visit Website