Search through Graphic Competitions
Design Talent 2013 International Student Contest
The city of Zlín (Czech Republic) has introduced the very top in the field of industrial design and innovative technologies. Neither can it go unnoticed what great luminaries for example prof. Zdeněk Kovář or prof. Vincenc Makovský were in their field. The realized designs by Zlín designers have received many prestigeous awards, both domestic and foreign.
We are aware of this obligatory legacy of our past and tradition. We also realize the importance that quality and creative design plays in the modern world. Our aim is to carry on the spirit of the professionals from the past by supporting the designers of the future - the young Design talents. It is for this purpose that the Dr. Martin Ruzicka foundation announces this contest of student design.
The object of the contest is to award exceptional student works from the field of design where the concept "design" is understood in the broadest sense of the word. Works from the field of industrial, product (clothing, shoe, jewellery, etc.), interior and graphic design will be accepted.
Contest proposals will be assessed in the following categories:
• Product Design
• Industrial Design
• Fashion Design
• Architecture and Interior
• Graphic Design
University or college students can participate both as individuals and author collectives. One person can send more entries.
There is no entry fee.
University or college students from all over the world can take part in the contest.
• 1st Main Prize - The author/author collective of the best contest proposal will be awarded by the jury with the title "Design Talent 2013". Furthemore, the author/author collective will receive a prize of 2,000 EUR (approx. 2,700 USD).
• 1st Place in Category of Contest - The winner of each contest´s category will receive a prize of 400 EUR.
• 2nd Place in Category of Contest - The author in the second place in each contest´s category will receive a prize of 200 EUR.
• 3rd Place in Category of Contest - The author in the third place in each contest´s category will receive valuable prize.
• Honorary Appreciations - The jury reserves the right to award one or more honorary appreciations in the contest Talent 2013. This appreciation shall be awarded to other especially worthful contest proposals. The author will receive a prize of 200 EUR.
• Prize of the Zlín mayor to the chosen design.
• Prize of the WLG Invest a.s. board chairman to the chosen design - The author will receive a prize of 800 EUR.
• Prize of Eurogalaxie s.r.o. company to the chosen design - The author will receive a prize of 600 EUR.
• Prize of Ing. Zdeňek Jünger to the chosen design - The author will receive a prize of 400 EUR.
• Prize of Dr. Martin Ruzicka Foundation to the chosen design - The author will receive a prize of 400 EUR.
• Prize of ROKO-MOTOR s.r.o. company to the chosen design - Spending a weekend with the luxury Range Rover Evoque (Car of the Year 2012) and one day off-road adventure.
• Prize of TESCOMA s.r.o. design centre to the chosen design.