Search through Graphic Competitions
Blizzard Student Art Contest
Blizzard Entertainment's university relations and World of Warcraft development teams are proud to present the second annual Blizzard Student Art Contest! This year, we're calling on college and university students to submit an original environment piece and/or original character piece that would be a great fit for World of Warcraft.
There are two categories:
Using your creativity and ability to work within the World of Warcraft art style, create a small environment diorama that would fit well in the game world. Your quest: Concept, model, and texture an environment piece that you could imagine stumbling upon during your travels across Kalimdor, the Eastern Kingdoms, Outland, Northrend, or Pandaria. Required elements are trees, rocks, grass, and props, plus a small structure (such as a shrine).
Using your creativity and ability to work within the World of Warcraft art style, concept, model, and texture a non-player character (NPC) or creature that you could imagine roaming the plains of Durotar, exploring the depths of Deepholm, or just sitting in the Pig and Whistle Tavern knocking back a mug o’ Thistle Tea. Required elements are the character or creature, along with some sort of clothing or armor. Feel free to go further by adding weapons or other accessories.
In short, show us something we’ve never seen before but that still fits within World of Warcraft. Each submission shall be a high resolution JPEG file of no more than 5MB in size.
There is no entry fee.
This contest is open only to residents of the United States and Canada which are:
• over the age of eighteen years of age
• are currently enrolled in a college or university
• not residents of the states of north dakota, vermont, connecticut, or marylyand in the united states, or the province of quebec, canada.
If you are under the legal age of majority, you have to provide your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to participate.
Grand prize winners will be chosen by the World of Warcraft art team, and will receive the following epic prizes:
• A three-month mentorship by a member of the World of Warcraft art team, in the form of email or phone critique of portfolio work. (Contact frequency will be roughly every two weeks.)
• A one-year subscription to World of Warcraft
• A Blizzard Entertainment notebook (featuring an original sketch by a Blizzard artist)
• A Blizzard T-shirt