Search through Graphic Competitions
North East Wildlife Photography Competition 2013
Three North East Wildlife Trusts - Northumberland, Durham and Tees Valley have joined forces with the Natural History Society of Northumbria (NHSN) and the Great North Museum: Hancock to launch a brand new photography competition.
The competition, which has Nestlé Fawdon as the main competition sponsor, with Opticron and Hawk’s Head Photography providing prizes for category winners, will be a wonderful opportunity for entrants to showcase the best of the Region’s wildlife.
There are five competition categories to enter:
• Wildlife portraits - photos that capture the character, essence or traits of a species
• Wildlife behaviour - photos that capture interesting, funny or amazing behaviour
• Wildlife in the landscape photos that show wildlife in its habitat, landscape or setting
• Botanical: photos of plants, fungi and lichens
• Young person’s - photos of flora and fauna taken by anyone aged 16 or under
A maximum of five images can be entered in total; entrants must state which competition category they are entering and can submit more than one image per category. Images can be submitted in a digital or printed format.
There is no entry fee.
The competition is open to amateur and professional photographers of all ages. The competition is open to entrants outside of the North East, but only photographs taken in the region will be eligible.
There are some wonderful prizes on offer, including £250 and an Opticron IS 60 ED digiscoping kit for DSLR cameras for the overall winner.
In March 2013, the winning and runner-up images will also be displayed in the Galleria at the Great North Museum: Hancock in Newcastle before going going on tour around the region.