Search through Graphic Competitions
Eyes On Asia Photography Awards 2014
The Eyes on Asia Awards are looking for travel images that are positive, uplifting, inspiring, sometimes funny or quirky. Images that inspire the viewer to want to travel to unique and beautiful places across Asia and Oceania; Images that make you want to pack your bag, jump on a plane and disappear to an exotic island, a mountain range, or a jungle.
The Eyes on Asia Awards does not want photojournalistic, gritty and/or troubling images. They do not aim to make political statements or to focus in on the misery of others. While they look certainly for high quality photography, this is a contest that likes to celebrate travel and the beauty of life.
• People: Photos of people who call Asia and Oceania their home. These images can be close ups or environmental portraits of people at work, home or at play.
• Nature: From the Himalayas to the sunny tropical islands of Indonesia, some of the most beautiful landscapes, diverse animals and colorful plants are found in amazing Asia and Oceania.
• Travel-folio: A four to six shot collection that narrates a story. The essay must be based on an Asian/Oceanic theme and shot in Asia and Oceania.
• Sense of place: A single picture from anywhere in Asia and Oceania that tells the viewer a story of what it is like to be there.
• Instagram: A single travel Image from anywhere in Asia and Oceania that was taken with Instagram.
Image requirements: JPEG, 1000 pixels across the longest side. 72 DPI with a maximum size of 300 kb. Adobe RGB 1998. Eyes on Asia Awards will contact you for a full resolution RAW or high resolution TIFF file if your picture is selected for the exhibition.
Copyright of the images will remain at all times with the photographer.
Entry fee: Before 30 September 10 USD per image for professionals and 10 USD for amateurs. After 5 USD extra. Closing date of all entries: 31st December 2014
Open to all photographers worldwide.
The main prize starts at 1000 USD. Starting from 200 image entries with each image entry it will go up by 1 dollar. At present, the maximum prize money for the main prize is 6600 USD.
All individual categories' jackpot starts at 100 USD. With each image entry they will go up by 1 USD. Additional Sponsor Prizes will be announced on the Eyes On Asia Awards' website as soon as they become available.